What is SABRE?
SABRE is a comprehensive program from D3 Oncology Solutions to help cancer centers rapidly and safely implement a new SRS/SBRT program with confidence and improved patient outcomes.
The benefits of using D3’s SABRE program include:
- Secure the confidence of your referral sources
- Provide surgeons with necessary contouring training
- Access experts for peer to peer consults and reviews
- Ensure the accuracy of small field sizes
- Train at a leading SRS/SBRT program followed by on site go live support
- Realize an attractive financial return through program implementation
What are the challenges in establishing a new stereotactic ablative radiotherapy program?
With SRS/SBRT, many patients who were previously not candidates for surgery or radiation now have options. Education and market awareness of these capabilities, both for referring physicians and patients, is critical for the success of the new program. Additionally, surgeons who will continue to be actively involved in delivering the care will require additional support and training on patient selection and contouring. Finally, many cancer center administrators simply don’t have the necessary information to accurately project what the engagement of these referring physicians can mean to the potential increase in new patient volumes with the SRS/SBRT program.
Safety and Quality
With the advances in targeted therapy that SRS/SBRT brings to patient care come risks to patient safety and quality as well. High profile errors have often pointed to miscalibration or errors in small field dosimetry. The changes in imaging and localization techniques only add to the complexity of SRS/SBRT treatments. Finally, prescribing challenges are common with SRS/SBRT where there is less experience in the field with new planning and dosing parameters.
The D3 SABRE program includes:
Referring Physician Education & Support
- Training and peer review for surgeons for contouring, including certificate of completion
- CME program materials for referring physicians
- Attendance at local tumor board or grand rounds by UPMC physician expert
Clinical Training and Support
- Training at UPMC Cancer Centers in Pittsburgh, one of the top SRS/SBRT programs in the country
- On site go live training and support
- Ongoing peer to peer consultation
Safety and Quality Assurance
- Commissioning/verification of small field dosimetry
- 3 and 12 month quality assurance reviews with recommendations
- Via Oncology Pathways for SRS/SBRT
- Policy and procedure templates
Financial Consulting and Support
- Review of potential new patient volumes previously not candidates for radiation or surgery
SRS/SBRT coding guide and staff training*
- Review of initial claims for accuracy and review of medical records for appropriate documentation*
- Review of coverage policies of top 5 payers*
- March 22-24, 2017
- May 17-19, 2017
- July 19-21, 2017
- September 6-8, 2017
- November 15-17, 2017
*Provided through a strategic collaboration wit Revenue Cycle, Inc.