Pursuing Excellence in Clinical Quality
Through D3’s Quality Assurance Program, D3 prepares your practice for ACR or ACRO accreditation. D3 will even complete the documentation for you. And if your practice is entering into contract negotiations with payors, D3 can validate your quality with an independent audit based on leading-edge criteria.
This program, conducted by D3’s team of medical physicists, engages your center’s staff with our medical physicists to review and evaluate your existing physics policies and procedures, quality methods, and treatment planning processes relative to prescribing, dosing, contouring, and fractioning. D3’s quality assurance program also includes a comprehensive audit of beam data. And only D3 has a data audit software tool, eDataAudit, qualified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) as a Practice Quality Improvement (PQI) for the purpose of Maintenance of Certification (MOC).
Today, one in three hospitals anticipates cancer center consolidation in their markets within the approaching 24 months. For oncology practices, that number is nearly 50 percent. If you are acquiring or merging with or another center, a D3 quality assurance audit can identify potential problems and provide a solid foundation for establishing common clinical and administrative processes.
Seeking a resource to help elevate the quality of your treatment plans, especially for more complex cases? D3 has a solution: Peer Reviews. Through this program, D3’s physics staff will review treatment plans prepared by your staff utilizing an interactive live web based conference. Our staff will subsequently identify opportunities for improving the plan from a contouring or optimization standpoint. A summary of key points for improvement is provided after each peer review session.
Peer Review enables centers to send a selected set of cases per month for review. We identify opportunities for improving treatment plans from a contouring or optimization standpoint. And your physicians can also participate in e-Rounds, a bi-weekly webinar session hosted by a UPMC Cancer Centers radiation oncologist who presents cases for discussion.
- Comprehensive approach and assessment tools cover a broad spectrum of the radiation practice
- Expert review of prescribed treatment plan, contours and planning approach
- Real-time consultation and responsive communication of findings and practical recommendations
- Fully documented reports cover critical areas and points to areas in need of improvement
- Participation in e-Rounds webinars
- External, third-party perspective with deep experience assures objective expert review
- Thorough documentation to assist with credentialing
- Supports accreditation, including ACR or ACRO accreditation
- Provides documentation for malpractice insurance rate setting
- Validates safety and quality for payors
- With Peer Review, confirmation of planning approaches and prescribed treatments assures optimal care
- Continuing education and QA opportunities